Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are an awesome thing. They stay soft and chewy for days and they taste fabulous.
I have been a chocolate chip cookie addict for as long as I can remember. However, in the last year, I discovered pudding cookies.
Despite the fact that we try to avoid as many packaged foods as possible, I can not resist occasionally buying the pudding necessary for these cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pudding Cookie Recipes
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour I used freshly ground hard white wheat *
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 3.4 oz packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- * Feel free to substitute all-purpose flour for the whole wheat flour
- amount if you would like. It works just as well as the whole wheat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flours and baking soda and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add in the pudding mix and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Slowly add in the flour mixture, making sure that it is well incorporated. Last, add the chocolate chips and stir well to mix them throughout the dough.
- I use my medium scoop to make the cookies an even size. I like to bake up about half of the batch and then freeze the remaining dough. When I am ready to use it, I simply set it on the counter for 20-30 minutes and then scoop out the number of cookies that I want to bake at the time.
- I bake these on a silpat mat for 11 minutes. Let them cool on the sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to wire racks. Enjoy!