This Spinach Pasta Salad is a tangy, garlicky, peppery pasta salad that I can’t seem to stop making and eating on repeat this summer. The combination of crisp, fresh spinach with the chewy pasta and the tangy dressing is simply irresistible.
I am a big fan of easy dinner recipes and this pasta salad is a perfect example of that. As an added bonus, it keeps nicely in the refrigerator for several days making it perfect for a casual dinner that you can prep early in the day or the day before. This Spinach Pasta Salad also holds well at room temperature for picnics, potlucks, and barbecues.
If you caught the Garlic Lover’s Potato Salad I shared last month, you might recall that I’ve partnered with NESTEA to share simple dinner solutions with you this summer. Anyone who has been reading this blog for more than a few days knows that I love sharing flavorful recipes that come together with a minimum of fuss.
Today’s pasta salad is basically the all-around perfect meal for any occasion all summer long. Go ahead and make it now. You can thank me later. The first time I made this salad I served it picnic style with a bucket of ice and bottles of NESTEA Black Tea. We absolutely loved the tea and it paired nicely with the cold salad on a warm summer night.
Kitchen Tip: I use this garlic press to make this recipe.
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1/2 very small red onion thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces, about 1/4 cup
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- grated fresh Parmesan optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil along with 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, but do not rinse the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the onions and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and vinegar to cover the onions. When the pasta has been drained, add it to the mixing bowl and toss well. Add the tomatoes and spinach.
- Toss everything together to mix well and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Taste the salad and add more salt and pepper, as needed. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with NESTEA to share this recipe with you for #SimpleSolutions #NewNestea and @NESTEA. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Barefeet In The Kitchen possible. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.