- 4-5 small bone-in chicken thighs approximately 2 pounds
- 1 pound small red potatoes halved
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil *
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano *
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme *
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the chicken, potatoes, and green beans on a large baking sheet. Stir the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic together with all of the spices. Drizzle the spice mixture over the meat, potatoes, and vegetables. Use your hands to stir the pieces around a bit and make sure everything is well coated. Be sure to leave the chicken skin-side up.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and roast for approximately 50 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. The potatoes should be tender and slightly crisp and the green beans should be browned, crisp, and somewhat shriveled. Enjoy!
If you have Italian Seasoning Mix in your pantry, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix for the herbs marked with an *. If extra crispy green beans aren’t your thing, you can place the coated beans in a bowl and wait to add them for the last 15 minutes of the cooking time. Just spread them around the pan over the potatoes.
If your potatoes are bigger than about 1-inch in size, you’ll want to quarter them (instead of simply halving them) to make sure they pick up plenty of flavor from the seasonings.
This recipe can easily be doubled. Simply use two sheet pans. Depending on how your oven cooks, you may want to rotate the pans halfway through the cooking time.