While I was flipping through this month’s issue of Everyday Food, I saw a recipe for a raw corn salad. I did a double take, because I couldn’t recall ever being tempted to taste raw corn. Naturally, I had to try it.
I loved the different flavors of the raw zucchini and corn. With a very light lime vinaigrette, this was a very fresh tasting salad. I will be making this at least once more this summer while the corn is still at it’s best.
Raw Corn and Zucchini Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
Recipe slightly adapted from and with thanks to Everyday Food
Servings: 5 -6 servings
- 3 ears of corns kernels removed from the cob
- 1 medium Italian zucchini thinly sliced and cut bite size
- 1 small Mexican Grey zucchini substitute Italian if unavailable, thinly sliced and cut bite size
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro adjust more or less to taste (use Italian parsley as a substitution)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper adjust to taste
- Place the corn and the zucchini in a bowl and set aside. Combine the lime and the oil and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the vegetables in the bowl and toss gently to thoroughly coat. Add the cilantro, salt and pepper and toss again. Taste and adjust as desired. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
18 Comments Leave a comment or review
I adore raw corn, it is so sweet! I love all the flavors of this salad!
Very nice summer dish. I love it.
When I was a kid we used to eat raw corn while still sitting in the garden. I haven't had it since that time though… this does sound delicious!
I ADORE raw corn…I actually like it better than cooked corn! This salad sounds like my kind of meal!
I'm sad to say I've never tried raw corn. This needs to change! What a light and refreshing summer salad. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Athena @ Lifes Abundant Adventures says
Looks great! I just started eating raw zucchini, something about the texture kept me away from it for so long.. 🙂
The Slow Roasted Italian says
This sounds so refreshing. We love corn anyway we can get it, so raw corn salad sounds amazing.
Tricia @ saving room for dessert says
I saw that too! I have one more zucchini recipe to post tomorrow – but corn has already dropped off our radar 🙁 I had never tried raw corn until last year – so sweet. Nice one!
Jed Gray (sportsglutton) says
Solid idea of adding lime vinaigrette to "summer up" this salad. Yum!
I love the lime vinaigrette here…healthy, fresh and delicious! And not a think I don't like in the recipe. 😉
Angie's Recipes says
The raw salad looks fabulous!
I've never been tempted to try raw corn, either! Looks good.
Looks and sounds amazing!
The Café Sucré Farine says
Mary, I love raw corn, to me it's so sweet and I love the crunch. This salad looks wonderful, love the colors and the vinaigrette sounds delicious!
Sue/the view from great island says
How did you know? I've got a bag of corn just waiting for a good idea. Fresh raw corn with a lime vinaigrette sounds drop dead wonderful.
Words Of Deliciousness says
I don't think I have every seen a recipe for raw corn before. This looks really good.
Gerry @Foodness Gracious says
This sounds great, I love raw and I'm for sure going to try this!
thanks for sharing.