While I was flipping through this month’s issue of Everyday Food, I saw a recipe for a raw corn salad. I did a double take, because I couldn’t recall ever being tempted to taste raw corn. Naturally, I had to try it. I loved the different flavors of the raw zucchini and corn. With a very light lime vinaigrette, this was a very fresh tasting salad. I will be making this at least once more this summer while the corn is still at it’s best.
Raw Corn and Zucchini Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 ears of corns kernels removed from the cob
- 1 medium Italian zucchini thinly sliced and cut bite size
- 1 small Mexican Grey zucchini substitute Italian if unavailable, thinly sliced and cut bite size
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro adjust more or less to taste (use Italian parsley as a substitution)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper adjust to taste
- Place the corn and the zucchini in a bowl and set aside. Combine the lime and the oil and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the vegetables in the bowl and toss gently to thoroughly coat. Add the cilantro, salt and pepper and toss again. Taste and adjust as desired. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!