Chicken, fresh grapes, and crunchy walnuts are tossed in a tangy-sweet poppyseed dressing to make this Poppyseed Chicken Salad.
Poppyseed Chicken Salad with Grapes
Served on top of a garden salad, wrapped in a tortilla, sandwiched inside a croissant, or simply eaten with a fork, this is a chicken salad for any occasion.
I often pick up a rotisserie chicken or roast a chicken just to make a batch of this salad for easy lunches during the week.
Want to make this chicken salad a little heartier? Just add pasta! This Poppyseed Pasta Salad with Chicken and Grapes has been a winner with everyone who tries it.
Want another option for an easy rotisserie chicken meal, this Avocado Chicken Salad is another favorite for wraps with lettuce or tortillas. And this Cashew Chicken Salad is another long-time staple for easy make-ahead lunches.
This Spinach Pasta Salad is another delicious option for easy make-ahead lunches. That pasta salad is one of my personal favorites. I probably make it at least once every other month.
The Easiest Chili Ever is a favorite with my boys. We almost always have containers of this chili in our freezer and the kids claim it for lunch anytime it’s up for grabs.
And for many more great lunch recipes, I recommend that you pick up a copy of The Weekday Lunches and Breakfasts Cookbook. There are dozens of terrific meal ideas tucked inside this one.
Poppyseed Chicken Salad Recipe
- Combine the chicken, grapes, walnuts, and onions in a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle with poppyseed dressing and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately in sandwiches, with crackers, or on top of a garden salad. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Poppyseed Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped small
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced thin
- ½ – 2/3 cup Poppyseed Dressing
- Combine the chicken, grapes, walnuts, and onions in a medium size mixing bowl. Drizzle with poppyseed dressing and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately in sandwiches, with crackers, or on top of a garden salad. Refrigerate any leftovers. Enjoy!