Tangy chicken salad, wrapped inside a homemade tortilla stuffed with lettuce. With fruit on the side, this was a delicious and simple lunch for an absurdly warm summer day.
I initially wanted to make a Cashew Chicken Salad. However, I was fresh out of grapes and didn’t have cashews in the house. So, I worked with what I did have and I’m happy with the result.
Chicken Salad Wrap
- Tortilla homemade or store-bought
- Assorted lettuce greens I used a spring mix
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken diced, I used white and dark meat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- squeeze of a fresh lemon according to taste
- pinch of salt and a dash of pepper according to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spread the lettuce inside the tortilla and fill with chicken salad. Serve the wrap along with the freshest peaches and cherries of the season for the perfect meal. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
14 Comments Leave a comment or review
These sound awfully good. I'm relatively new to your blog and don't comment as often as I should. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy my visits here and how much I like the food and recipes you feature for your readers. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary.
The Slow Roasted Italian says
Looks very yummy! Good idea not to leave the house and made due with what we have in the pantry. Too hot!
What a healthy and delicious lunch! I've never thought of putting chicken salad in a wrap.
This is a perfect wrap for summer! I can almost taste it now! Yum!
Angie's Recipes says
I love wraps! This looks light and delish!
I love wraps.. Perfect for a lunch box.. Yumm 😀
Cranberry Morning says
Can I come to your house for lunch? That looks wonderful!
Tricia @ Saving room for dessert says
What time is lunch? I'll be right over 🙂 That looks very satisfying and balanced.
That's a great idea! I make wraps for lunch all the time; they're so easy to do!
Emily Malloy says
I am a big fan of wraps! Love the sound of this one! Yum!
Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) says
OK… this looks yummy. I think this whole eating meat thing is gonna be an adventure, especially since I haven't got a clue what to do with the stuff! I think I'm gonna be cruising your meat recipes!
Love chicken salad!