Tangy chicken salad, wrapped inside a homemade tortilla stuffed with lettuce. With fruit on the side, this was a delicious and simple lunch for an absurdly warm summer day.
I initially wanted to make a Cashew Chicken Salad. However, I was fresh out of grapes and didn’t have cashews in the house. So, I worked with what I did have and I’m happy with the result.
Chicken Salad Wrap
- Tortilla homemade or store-bought
- Assorted lettuce greens I used a spring mix
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken diced, I used white and dark meat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- squeeze of a fresh lemon according to taste
- pinch of salt and a dash of pepper according to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spread the lettuce inside the tortilla and fill with chicken salad. Serve the wrap along with the freshest peaches and cherries of the season for the perfect meal. Enjoy!