I opened the refrigerator early this morning and saw a package of red grapes next to some leftover chicken. That did it. All I could think of was the fabulous chicken croissant served at Christy Mae’s in Albuquerque, NM.
I decided to work with what I had in the house and I am quite happy with how it turned out for me.
This is a very simple chicken salad, minimal ingredients and truly delicious. I loved the sweetness of the grapes with the slight tang of the dressing. I will be making this again and again.
I enjoyed my chicken salad on a simple bed of spring mix lettuces. My son ate his on the bread that I made yesterday. With that and a handful of vegetables, his lunch was served. He liked it so much he had two servings and asked if I could make it again tomorrow.
Cashew Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cups mixed dark and white meat chicken cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes halved
- 1/2 cup cashews halved and toasted
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and the grapes and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- For the salad, top with toasted cashews right before serving. For the sandwiches, I skipped the nuts.
7 Comments Leave a comment or review
Salads are always awesome. Yours looks yummyy 😀
Thanks for 'loading' the recipes with photo…1 less step on the way to the serving bowls!! Chicken cashew for lunch-yum!!
This was nice and simple to make. My family really appreciates a chicken salad without celery. The flavors aren't overwhelming, so my picky eaters didn't complain. I added one green onion and some crumbled bacon to take it up just a notch flavor wise. Thanks for the great base recipe!
DELICIOUS! I will definitely make this again but with a little less salt.
Mary Younkin says
I’m so glad you enjoyed the salad, Ciara.
Delicious! Easy, I added just a bit of Honey Mustard salad dressing for some additional flavor.
Mary Younkin says
That sounds delicious, Mary. I’m happy to hear you’re loving the salad.