One of my favorite cookies of all time is the Monster Cookie. (Which I just realized I don’t have posted here – we must eat them too fast to get pictures!)
As I was scanning that recipe a couple of years ago, considering converting it to something a celiac friend would be able to eat, I realized it was already a gluten-free recipe without even trying to be.
There wasn’t any flour in those cookies in the first place! This is a variation of that Monster Cookie recipe. Just slightly adapted, to make them both gluten and dairy-free for a friend.
Still absolutely delicious, simply use regular chocolate chips if dairy is not a concern.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1⅓ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips use a vegan or soy chip if you want a casein free product
- Mix together all ingredients in the order listed. Place cookie mounds on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for approximately 12 minutes. Watch the first batch carefully though and adjust the baking time as necessary. Take care not to overbake these cookies. Cool on sheet for 1 minute and then remove to wire rack. Enjoy!