One of my favorite cookies of all time is the Monster Cookie. (Which I just realized I don’t have posted here – we must eat them too fast to get pictures!)
As I was scanning that recipe a couple of years ago, considering converting it to something a celiac friend would be able to eat, I realized it was already a gluten-free recipe without even trying to be.
There wasn’t any flour in those cookies in the first place! This is a variation of that Monster Cookie recipe. Just slightly adapted, to make them both gluten and dairy-free for a friend.
Still absolutely delicious, simply use regular chocolate chips if dairy is not a concern.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips use a vegan or soy chip if you want a casein free product
- Mix together all ingredients in the order listed. Place cookie mounds on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes. Watch the first batch carefully though and adjust the baking time as necessary. Take care not to overbake these cookies. Cool on sheet for 1 minute and then remove to wire rack. Enjoy!