While I was adding category labels to several older blog posts last week, I stumbled across this recipe. I wrote the post (and thought I published it) over a year ago.
Somehow the post was saved as a draft and never was posted. There is no season as perfect as the fall to post a cookie recipe, so the timing made me smile. I’m planning a gluten free batch of these cookies now in the very near future!
Macadamia nuts and chocolate are one of my favorite cookie combinations. Soft, chewy and just barely crisp on the edges; these cookies turned out great. I sent the remaining cookies to work with my husband, just to get them out of my reach.
Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup cold and cubed butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs and beat until fully incorprated. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Fold in the chocolate and the nuts.
- Use a medium size scoop to place dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat mat. Bake 8-9 minutes until barely browned around the edges. Remove from the oven while still soft and let cool 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire cooling racks and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy!
5 Comments Leave a comment or review
Angie's Recipes says
Macadamia nuts and chocolate…I would possibly finish the cookies all by myself. Irresistible!
They look too good to be sent away! Great with tea!
Cher Rockwell says
Yes, I would have a very hard time keeping these around the house too…
Chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are my absolutely favorite!! I'll take two dozen please!!!!
These sound lovely! I also see your post from a year ago for homemade ketchup. That is still on my list of things to make – where has the time gone? You rock some awesome cookie recipes! Thanks Mary.