Sweet and Tangy Southern Style Coleslaw is nicely balanced with just enough tang from the vinegar and a sprinkling of sweetness from the sugar. The dressing is so simple, so sweet and tangy, this is a classic coleslaw perfect for any occasion.
When we all happily eat the same recipe three times in a week, that’s good evidence that the recipe was loved. Last night, I piled the last of this slaw over pulled pork sandwiches and pretty much solidified the fact that this the best southern style coleslaw I’ve ever tasted.
Updated to add: I’ve been making this coleslaw at least once a month for the past two years. Every time someone tastes it (especially if said person is not already a fan of coleslaw) they ask for the recipe. This is THE coleslaw that you’ll want to serve all summer long. This slaw is guaranteed to forever change how you serve pulled pork. These BBQ Sundaes? They are still one of my favorite meals of all time.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 16 ounce bag of coleslaw mix plain cabbage or tri-color deli style
- In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, onion powder, and celery seeds. Add the shredded cabbage and toss until well coated. Refrigerate for an hour before serving and up to 2 days. Toss again right before serving. Enjoy!
Stetson Chunky Potato Salad by Foodie Crush
Broccoli Salad by Recipe Girl
Hawaiian Pasta Salad by Cook Crave Inspire
Southwestern Grilled Sweet Potato Salad by Two Peas And Their Pod
Asian Chopped Salad by Kalyn’s Kitchen
Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Foodie with Family