Creamy, chewy oats, bananas and pecans are topped with a generous drizzle of maple syrup to make this a warm and filling winter breakfast. Less than 10 minutes effort was required to put this hot breakfast on the table. I love making oatmeal for breakfast. The fillings and toppings are endless and the different variations keep it interesting. My youngest two boys are always happiest with a bowl of oatmeal first thing in the morning. All three of my boys gave this oatmeal two thumbs up.
Check out all of our Oatmeal Recipes!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium banana sliced thin (reserve 1/2 of 1 banana for serving)
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped (reserve a tablespoon or so for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Combine the oats, water, bananas, pecans and salt in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and then reduce to medium low and allow to thicken for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Divide into bowls and top with the reserved bananas and pecans. Drizzle each bowl with about a tablespoon of maple syrup, adjust to taste. Enjoy!