Lemon. Ice Cream. I’ve had the idea for this ice cream scribbled in my recipe notebook for over a year now and I can’t believe it took me so long to finally try it. I’ve made this ice cream a couple times now and each time I’ve loved it more. The tart lemon with the sweet cream is a combination that is refreshing and rich at the same time.
- 7 ounces 1/2 of a 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice about 3 large lemon's worth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest finely minced, about 1 1/2 large lemon's worth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: additional lemon zest for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and the lemon juice until completely smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately for soft serve ice cream or transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO TODAY: Blueberries and Cream Almond Oatmeal
TWO YEARS AGO TODAY: Coconut Milk and Dark Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream