Crisp bacon and lettuce, tart tomatoes, creamy hard-boiled eggs, and jalapenos combine to create this creamy, slightly spicy Jalapeno BLT Pasta Salad.
BLT Pasta Salad
Why make another version of the already popular BLT Pasta Salad? Because that recipe became even more delicious when I made it with added eggs and jalapenos! I immediately wanted to share it with you.
And let me tell you, adding creamy eggs to this pasta salad adds a whole new dimension of flavor. With some spicy jalapenos in the mix too, the recipe has become another favorite for the whole family.
BLT with Egg
BLT sandwiches and eggs are a match made in heaven. Ever since I first bit into a warm egg on a crunchy, hot and cold BLT sandwich, I was sold on BLT + Egg combination.
The egg in this recipe contributes texture and depth to the pasta salad and the added fat and flavor make it even heartier as a meal. This is a pasta salad I could very happily make on a weekly basis.
Pasta Salad with Lettuce
Have you tried a pasta salad with lettuce? If not, you’re in for a treat. A little bit of lettuce adds terrific crunch and texture, along with the juicy grape tomatoes, there is a freshness here that can’t be beaten.
I really enjoy all of these flavors together and I’m willing to bet that after you taste it, you’ll be adding some greens to a lot of new pasta salads too. This spinach pasta salad is another great example of the freshness that a handful of greens delivers.
Tangy, crunchy, slightly sweet and perfect for a light meal or a terrific side dish, this coleslaw pasta salad is another keeper. One day a few summers ago, I wound up with a small amount of leftover coleslaw and a wee bit of cooked pasta in the fridge.
As I tend to do with leftovers, I tossed them together and ate the pasta/coleslaw for lunch. It was GOOD. One thing led to another and next thing you know, I was sharing a new pasta salad recipe with you.
Jalapeno BLT Pasta Salad
- Bite-size pasta
- Jarred jalapenos
- Juice from jarred jalapenos
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Grape tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce
- Green or red onions
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
Start by cooking the bacon, in the oven or on the stove. Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Cool completely before chopping or crumbling the bacon.
While the bacon is cooking, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, adding a generous tablespoon or so of kosher salt to the water as it cooks. Drain and rinse until the pasta is cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, jalapeno juice, bacon grease (if desired), salt, and pepper. Add the cool pasta to the bowl and stir to coat the pasta.
Add the bacon, jalapeno, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, and cilantro. Stir again to mix well. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Jalapeno Pasta Salad
The hint of heat in this pasta salad adds a depth of flavor that is irresistible. However, if you aren’t a fan of that heat we love so much, try the original BLT Pasta Salad. It is loaded with all your favorite bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich flavors in a cold pasta salad with a creamy smoky bacon dressing.
This simple and easy Jalapeno Tuna Pasta Salad with creamy cheese, spicy jalapenos, and hearty tuna is a quick and simple dinner recipe for the whole family.
Creamy homemade ranch dressing coats every bite of pasta and vegetables in this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad. Sprinkled throughout with bacon and cheddar cheese, my kids went absolutely nuts over this salad.
Creamy deviled egg filling and spicy onion create the dressing that coats every bite of this very simple Deviled Egg Pasta Salad.
Jalapeno BLT Pasta Salad with Egg
- 16 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 16 ounces cellantini, cavatappi, rotini, or fusilli pasta any bite-size pasta will work
- 1½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup juice from jarred jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons warm bacon grease optional, if available
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup jarred sliced jalapenos, chopped fine, about ½ of a 12-ounce jar
- 6 hard-boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 4 cups romaine lettuce sliced thin and roughly chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions or finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped small
- Cook the bacon, in the oven or on the stove. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Cool completely before chopping or crumbling the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, adding a generous tablespoon or so of kosher salt to the water as it cooks. Drain and rinse until the pasta is cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, jalapeno juice, bacon grease (if desired), salt, and pepper. Add the cool pasta to the bowl and stir to coat the pasta.
- Add the bacon, jalapeno, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, and cilantro. Stir again to mix well. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.