Your favorite trail mix has been transformed into the ultimate candy bar in this Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark with swirled layers of white and dark chocolate, studded with dried fruits, and crunchy nuts. Salty, sweet, crunchy, chewy, and CHOCOLATE are all covered in this beautiful and easily adaptable holiday treat.
One of my favorite things about chocolate bark is the versatility of it. Need a last minute hostess gift? Take five minutes before getting ready for dinner and stir together a batch. It will harden in the fridge in less than an hour. Slice it, bag or box it, and you’ll have a one of a kind gift that everyone will love. Need a quick dessert? Chill a batch in the refrigerator before dinner and break it apart as you brew some coffee or pour wine after dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pecans and walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe glass bowl or measuring cup. Heat for 1 minute, at 50% power, stir and heat an additional 30 seconds, stir again until smooth. Pour the chocolate across the lined baking sheet and spread it out with a spatula.
- Wipe the bowl clean and repeat the melting process with the white chocolate chips. Pour the white chocolate over the dark and use the end of a spoon or a spatula to swirl the two chocolates together. Sprinkle with the chopped fruits and nuts. Let the chocolate harden at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Cut the bark into pieces once it has set. Store at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Nut allergies? just skip them and add a handful more fruit. Not a fan of dried fruits? Use more nuts. Prefer smooth instead of crunchy chocolate? Swirl the chocolates together, skip the fruits and the nuts, and cut them into bite-size pieces for a classy chocolate finish to any meal. The options are endless!
THREE YEARS AGO TODAY: Slow Cooked Chili Steak Fajitas