Creamy oats, fresh blueberries, and a swirl of lightly sweetened “cheesecake” adds up to a hot breakfast bowl that will leave everyone full and happy. The sweet and slightly tangy cream cheese is a great balance to the hearty oats and warm berries that burst in each bite.
My friend Faith mentioned a blueberry cheesecake oatmeal last week and I couldn’t get it out of my mind. We are confirmed oatmeal lovers, so I had to try a cheesecake oatmeal for myself. I made this Blueberry Cheesecake Oatmeal two days in a row and my kids loved it every bit as much as I expected they would.
Check out all of our Oatmeal Recipes!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened or 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the oats, water, and salt in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer on medium/low until the oats are tender and the oatmeal has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. (I just use one of the bowls we will be using for serving the oatmeal.) Stir, or mash with a fork, the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until mostly smooth. When the oatmeal has thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the blueberries. Scoop the oatmeal into serving bowls and divide the cream cheese mixture between the servings. Stir gently to swirl the cream cheese through each dish. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO: Rich Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
TWO YEARS AGO: Hawaiian Banana Bread with Pineapple and Coconut
THREE YEARS AGO: BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potatoes
FOUR YEARS AGO: Chicken and Black Bean Nachos