Crunchy pretzels and a creamy filling are topped with piles of strawberries and blueberries making this Berry Pretzel Dessert our favorite dessert for summer!
Several years ago, my aunt introduced me to the ever-popular Strawberry Pretzel Salad. (If you aren’t familiar with it, just google it and you’ll see it is well-known and well-loved.) I’d never even heard of it before and I fell in love with it from the very first bite. I think I may have eaten 3 servings that day, including choosing it over pie for dessert!
- Crust Ingredients:
- 3 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Filling Ingredients:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Topping Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Finely crush the pretzels in a food processor, blender, or with a rolling pin in a heavy zip-close bag. Place the crumbs in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and brown sugar and stir to combine. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat until smooth and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Pour over the crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Top generously with berries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
I loved the crumbling crust with bits of crunchy pretzels throughout, but if you prefer a more traditional crumb crust (that will also be more easily sliced) be sure to grind every bit of the pretzels into fine crumbs.
Simple Berry Sauce by Barefeet In The Kitchen