Inspired by Applebee’s Asian Chicken Salad, this is a tangy, sweet salad filled with a simple blend of fresh vegetables, crispy hot chicken, crunchy noodles, and almonds.
In case you missed it when I shared the dressing recipe yesterday, Applebee’s Asian Chicken Salad and I go way back. I am absolutely thrilled to tell you that this salad is so much more flavorful than its namesake, you may wonder why you ever paid for the restaurant’s version.
- 6-8 pieces frozen crispy chicken strips about 1.5 pounds
- 6 cups shredded crunchy lettuce romaine works best
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 large English cucumber sliced lengthwise and then into very thin slices
- 1 small red onion sliced as thin as possible
- 1/2 cup crunchy chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 recipe of Asian Salad Dressing
- Cook the chicken according to the package directions. While the chicken cooks, combine the lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, onion, noodles, and almonds in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and slice or chop into bite-size pieces. Divide the salad onto individual plates and top with the chicken. (Alternatively, feel free to add the chicken to the mixing bowl and toss to combine before serving family-style.) Drizzle with salad dressing just before serving. Enjoy!