PastaThis Italian Artichoke Pasta Salad is filled with ripe sunburst and cherry tomatoes, tangy artichoke hearts, tender pasta, and fresh basil. The salad is tossed together with a splash of vinegar and oil, then sprinkled with feta cheese.
I walked into the kitchen this morning and spied our basket of grape tomatoes. I decided to put them to good use before they all disappeared.
These little bite-size tomatoes usually are eaten as fast as I can get them home from the store. My boys will pop them in their mouths like candy every time they walk past the counter where I keep them.
The salad will keep nicely in the refrigerator for a day or two, making it perfect for summer barbecues and picnics. My youngest son loved all of these flavors so much that he requested seconds and gave the pasta two thumbs up.
(I stashed the last tiny portion of this salad at the back of the fridge for my own lunch tomorrow. I have no intention of sharing it!)
We are a house divided with regards to feta cheese, so serving it on the side kept everyone happy. If you aren’t a fan of feta, mozzarella, parmesan, pepper jack, or cheddar work as well. Just pick your favorite!
Pasta Salad Recipes
This Creamy Pasta Salad has been a family and a reader favorite for a number of years. It gets made at least a few times every summer here.
If you’re looking for a lighter salad, this Spinach Pasta Salad has become a go-to summer lunch for me. I like to make a double recipe of this salad on the weekend for an easy family meal and then eat the leftovers through the week.
Kitchen Tip: I use this mixing bowl set to make this recipe. (I love the handy lids!)
Artichoke Pasta Salad Recipe
Cook the pasta according to directions, drain in a colander and rinse immediately with cold water, until the pasta is cool.
Combine all of the ingredients, except the cheese, in a large mixing bowl.
Toss well to coat thoroughly. (The salad will keep nicely in the refrigerator for a day or two.)
Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with cheese, just before serving.
Italian Artichoke Tomato and Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces small pasta I used a gluten free penne
- 3 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 14 ounce can whole artichoke hearts plain, not marinated, about 8 hearts drained and quartered
- 12 large basil leaves sliced very thin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- feta cheese to sprinkle on top or the alternative cheese of your preference
- Cook the pasta according to directions, drain in a colander and rinse immediately with cold water, until the pasta is cool. Combine all of the ingredients, except the feta, in a large mixing bowl. Toss well to coat thoroughly. The salad will keep nicely in the refrigerator for a day or two. Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with cheese, just before serving. Enjoy!