Sugar and Spice Butter Balls
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus 1 cup more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon McCormick ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream together the butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Slowly add the flour, nutmeg, and salt and mix just until combined. Stir in the nuts. Use a 1-inch scoop to scoop into balls and round them smooth between your hands. Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set but not browned.
- While the cookies are baking, place the remaining cup of powdered sugar in a small bowl. Let the cookies cool on the tray for a minute or two and then roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar and set on a cooling rack. Once cool, roll them once or twice more in powdered sugar. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!