Both of my kids requested soup for lunch, one asking for chili and the other for chicken soup.So, I decided to throw something warm together for them, instead of the sandwiches I had planned to make.
My oldest son went on and on about how much he liked this soup. He ate two bowls full of it and asked for the leftovers the next day. I suspect he is just like his mama though and simply loves just about anything with ranch-style beans in it.
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken chopped into bite size pieces (I had leftover turkey in the freezer and just tossed it in the pot frozen)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn or 1 can drained
- 1 can ranch-style beans
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin adjust to taste (I used cumin, because my younger son requested "no spiciness." When I make this again, I'll likely use some Taco Seasoning as well, for a more complex flavor)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- FREEZER MEAL: Let the soup cool completely before
- transferring to freeze safe containers. Soup can be reheated in the microwave
- or it can be thawed first and then reheated on the stove-top.