A while back, my friend Jill described her family’s pineapple tacos to me. I couldn’t get them out of my mind. So, when pineapples went on sale last week, I knew exactly what I would be making.
These tacos were every single bit as awesome as I had hoped. I am really looking forward to making them again. I adapted the recipe slightly, because I am partial to bowls over tacos. However you serve them, they are delicious.
Every member of the family enjoyed these, from my husband to the baby loved this dinner. Adjust the recipe as desired for your tastes. All measurements are approximate, so I’m just going to list the ingredients below.
- Teriyaki Chicken this can also be made by tossing cooked chicken with store-bought sauce
- Fresh pineapple cut into bite size pieces
- Lettuce chopped
- Tomatoes chopped
- Green onions sliced thinly
- Mozzarella or Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- Cooked rice for bowls or tortillas for tacos
- Layer the above ingredients into bowls or onto tortillas. Enjoy!