Packed full of crushed pepper and loaded with fresh dill, this dressing is a great addition to our usual dressings and dips for our raw vegetables. Just pourable enough for a salad and also thick enough for a dip, I’ve eaten this dressing on four salads already.
My boys both gave it two thumbs up and asked if they could please have a veggie plate, regardless of the fact it was 9am. I’m planning to make a chopped salad for lunch tomorrow, just so I can use this dressing again!
This is a creamy, tangy ranch dip is a bit more traditional and loaded with as many fresh herbs as I could stir into it.
Peppery Dill Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- 3.5 ounces or a scant half cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 huge garlic clove minced well
- 1 slightly heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 scant tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ¼ - 1/2 teaspoon medium grind cracked black pepper adjust to taste
- In a small cup, combine the milk and lemon juice and let rest for 5 minutes. In a medium size bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, dill and parsley. Add the milk and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. I recommend making this the day before it is going to be used, to allow the flavors to really incorporate. Enjoy!
12 Comments Leave a comment or review
Katherine Martinelli says
I recently discovered homemade ranch dressing/dip and it's totally a game changer! Yours looks amazing 🙂
Sue/the view from great island says
When they were growing up my girls would eat anything that was dipped in ranch dressing. We'd buy it by the gallon…wish I'd has this then, it looks so fresh and free of all that 'stuff' they put in bottled dressings.
I love that this got your boys requesting veggies! SO.AWESOME.
Yum, copied this and will make it with a few lowfat subs!
My post was posted twice, had to delete one:)
Angie's Recipes says
I love this ranch dressing with peppery kick.
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says
sounds delicious – I really enjoy a dressing once in a while and not a vingerette.
The Cookinglady says
Love that you use t he pepper and it's great to see little ones eating their veggies. Great post, thanks for sharing.
Big Dude says
This sounds like a dressing I would really enjoy.
Words Of Deliciousness says
This dressing looks creamy and delicious.
This would be a major upgrade for any dish using ranch dressing. So much better made fresh plus that red pepper would brighten up other flavors.
10 thumbs up! I made a version of this that so far has rocked as a topping to a spicy jalapeno burger, as a condiment with grilled salmon, and by itself as a dip. Fantastic recipe.