Packed full of crushed pepper and loaded with fresh dill, this dressing is a great addition to our usual dressings and dips for our raw vegetables. Just pourable enough for a salad and also thick enough for a dip, I’ve eaten this dressing on four salads already.
My boys both gave it two thumbs up and asked if they could please have a veggie plate, regardless of the fact it was 9am. I’m planning to make a chopped salad for lunch tomorrow, just so I can use this dressing again!
Peppery Dill Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- 3.5 ounces or a scant half cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 huge garlic clove minced well
- 1 slightly heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 scant tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon medium grind cracked black pepper adjust to taste
- In a small cup, combine the milk and lemon juice and let rest for 5 minutes. In a medium size bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, dill and parsley. Add the milk and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. I recommend making this the day before it is going to be used, to allow the flavors to really incorporate. Enjoy!