This is a creamy, tangy ranch dip loaded with as many fresh herbs as I could stir into it. Fresh lemon juice provides the tang of buttermilk and the flavor is far beyond anything you could buy at the store. Even with the time spent chopping all the fresh ingredients, this recipe still came together in less than 15 minutes.
There is nothing like an abundance of fresh herbs to inspire a bit more creativity in the kitchen. One of the growers at our Farmer’s Market had a huge table of herbs last weekend and I went a little crazy filling my basket with fresh herbs for next to nothing.
If you do not have an abundance of fresh herbs at your fingertips this time of year, check out this Quick and Easy Homemade Ranch Dip made with dried herbs and spices.
Homemade Ranch Dip with Fresh Herbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely minced yellow onion about 1/4 of a small onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic about 3 cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice adjust to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Chill for at least 1-2 hours prior to serving. Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!