This Pizza Soup could also be called Pasta Soup with White Beans and Sausage, but really? Isn’t “Pizza Soup” more fun? My cousin, Helene, gave me this recipe 6-7 years ago and my family has loved it from the very first bite.
If you’re looking for more easy soup recipes, we love this Slow Cooker Busy Day Potato Soup and the Hearty Italian Vegetable Beef Soup is a staple in our freezer. Creamy Taco Soup and Asian Chicken Noodle Soup are also great soups for quick and easy dinners.
Kitchen Tip: I use this pot to make this recipe.
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 stalk celery sliced thinly
- 14- ounce can garlic stewed tomatoes
- 2 quarts or 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cups cooked white beans or 1 can small white beans, drained
- 2/3 cup small shell pasta I buy the tiny shells (see note below)
- In a large pot, cook and crumble the sausage over medium heat. Drain completely and then add all remaining ingredients except the pasta. Bring to a boil and then add the pasta shells. Once it is boiling again, reduce the heat and simmer until the pasta is tender, about 16-20 minutes. Enjoy!