Mexican Baked Beans are sweet and slightly spicy, filled with three different kinds of beans and plenty of spices. This recipe comes together with barely five minutes effort. The first time I made these beans, my family devoured them in one meal. Serve these beans with Beer and Garlic Chicken and Memphis Coleslaw for an easy and tasty weeknight dinner.
- 2 14-ounce cans light red kidney beans, drained
- 2 14-ounce cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 14-ounce cans Pork & Beans, do not drain
- 2 small onions diced small, about 1 1/4 cups worth
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons Cholula hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Mexican Spice Mix or taco seasoning
- Stir together all the ingredients in a crock-pot. Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 8-10 hours. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO: Sweet Potato, Onion, Bell Pepper, and Sausage Hash
TWO YEARS AGO: Champagne Tomato Salads
THREE YEARS AGO: Simple Sautéed Summer Squash
FOUR YEARS AGO: Creamy Penne with Vegetables