As I was making mashed potatoes to go along with the Chicken Marsala, I decided to add some of the broth from the marsala mixture and then top them with the mushrooms.
These were seriously delicious. I will be making these exact same potatoes next time I make the chicken marsala. I loved the flavor combination and the mushrooms piled on top were our favorite part.
Rich with butter and cream, aromatic and seasoned very simply with salt, pepper and thyme. These thyme potatoes were simply delicious. Mashed potatoes are always a favorite for our family, but this was a step above the average.
Marsala Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds red potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup broth from the Chicken Marsala skillet adjust according to how thick the potatoes are
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: Marsala Mushroom mixture
- Place the potatoes in a medium size saucepan and fill with water. Add some salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and place back in the saucepan over very low heat.
- Mash with a potato masher just until smooth. Add the soft butter and the broth from the chicken marsala mixture. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in just a splash of cream and top with some of the mushroom mixture.