As I was making mashed potatoes to go along with the Chicken Marsala, I decided to add some of the broth from the marsala mixture and then top them with the mushrooms.
These were seriously delicious. I will be making these exact same potatoes next time I make the chicken marsala. I loved the flavor combination and the mushrooms piled on top were our favorite part.
Marsala Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds red potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup broth from the Chicken Marsala skillet adjust according to how thick the potatoes are
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: Marsala Mushroom mixture
- Place the potatoes in a medium size saucepan and fill with water. Add some salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and place back in the saucepan over very low heat.
- Mash with a potato masher just until smooth. Add the soft butter and the broth from the chicken marsala mixture. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in just a splash of cream and top with some of the mushroom mixture.