- Juice of 1 lemon approximately 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 2 medium cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound Tilapia this was approximately (3) 6 oz fillets
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Place fish in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag and place in fridge overnight. When ready to cook the fish, turn the oven on to broil (high setting, if you have that option) and place the fish on a foil lined baking sheet. Broil for 5-7 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your fish. Enjoy!
- If you are new to cooking fish, this is a great list of tips for determining when it is done.
Tilapia is finished cooking when it flakes apart with a fork and is opaque or white all the way through. Remember that it will keep cooking once you remove it from the oven, so be sure to remove it a minute or two early.