My love of homemade salad dressings and other condiments is a well documented fact, as evidenced here. For this salad, I wanted a dressing that would be both dairy free and refined sugar free. I really enjoyed the sweetness of the maple syrup and honey combined with fresh lemon juice and champagne vinegar.
This dressing worked perfectly with one of my favorite salads: spring mix, white nectarines, berries and almonds. It is a variation on this Stonefruit Salad, but really, anything goes. If you have a favorite fruit, add it in. If you prefer baby spinach leaves, they work great with a fruit salad as well.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon champagne vinegar white balsamic would work as well
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- Combine all above ingredients in a glass jar and shake until thoroughly combined. If you prefer a thicker dressing, you can also pulse this in a blender until combined. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The flavors will improve after a few hours. Enjoy!