I have to admit that I was truly put off by the color the first time I made this. (Is it just me or do pretty things tend to taste better?)
I’m happy to tell you that this brown salad dressing tastes much better than it looks.
Garlic and Honey Balsamic VinaigrettePrint Pin Rate
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar I might try white balsamic vinegar next time to see how the color is affected
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- Layer the first six ingredients into the blender in the order listed. Puree until smooth and then slowly add the olive oil in a thin trickle. Puree another minute or so, until dressing is thick. Taste the dressing and add the white sugar if you want a sweeter dressing. We preferred it with the sugar. Pulse a few times to mix in the sugar. Enjoy!