I have to admit that I was truly put off by the color the first time I made this. (Is it just me or do pretty things tend to taste better?)
I’m happy to tell you that this brown salad dressing tastes much better than it looks.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar I might try white balsamic vinegar next time to see how the color is affected
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- Layer the first six ingredients into the blender in the order listed. Puree until smooth and then slowly add the olive oil in a thin trickle. Puree another minute or so, until dressing is thick. Taste the dressing and add the white sugar if you want a sweeter dressing. We preferred it with the sugar. Pulse a few times to mix in the sugar. Enjoy!