Salmon topped with a spicy, sweet, and slightly tangy glaze was a great match for the spicy broccoli. The adults who tried the broccoli all thought that it was every bit as delicious as the salmon. (We will be ignoring my boy’s reactions to broccoli – they just don’t understand what they are missing!)
I loved all of these flavors together. This is one of the best salmon recipes I have ever made. Definitely a keeper!
- 3 6- ounce salmon fillets
- 2 small bunches broccoli - or about 4 cups florets with stem
- 6 tablespoons light flavored olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 scant teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons peach jam
- Heat the broiler with rack in middle position. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper and jam. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly with oil. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and then spoon about half of the sauce mixture on top of the fish. Broil just until the fish barely flakes apart with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, steam the broccoli, in the microwave or on the stove-top. Remove when still crisp tender, after about 4 minutes. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the broccoli, tossing gently to coat well. Enjoy!