Cinnamon. Toast. Bars. If you make nothing else that I’ve shared with you, you NEED Cinnamon Toast Bars in your life. These bars are a twist on my beloved Cinnamon Toast Cake; it has been a favorite since I was a little girl. No fork or plate required, this is the ultimate handheld dessert for every cinnamon toast loving person.
Cinnamon Toast Bars are covered in a crunchy, caramelized cinnamon sugar topping that is like nothing else you’ve ever tasted. I’ve made these bars 6 times in the past month. They are crazy good, completely dangerous, and absurdly easy to make.
You don’t have to take my word for it either. Rebecca at Foodie with Family made these bars in both the traditional and vegan versions and her family and friends loved them. Her post eventually led to this community thread over at King Arthur Flour. The comments made me laugh as they proclaimed their love for the Cinnamon Toast Bars.
In the fall and around the holidays there is an excuse to make a dessert almost every time I turn around. We have birthdays every month from September through December, parties and get togethers happen almost every weekend. If you’re anything like me and want to have some simple and fantastic desserts at your fingertips, check these recipes out for more inspiration!
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
- Cake Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
- 1 cup tapioca starch *
- 1/2 cup potato starch *
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter melted and semi-cooled
- * If you are not in need of a gluten free recipe simply substitute a total of 4 cups all purpose flour for the items marked with an *
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet pan (18"x13") with butter. Whisk together the dry ingredients. Stir in the milk, vanilla and butter. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 23 minutes.
- While the bars are baking, combine the topping ingredients and whisk together. Remove the bars from the oven after 23 minutes and pour the topping over them. Bake an additional 8 minutes, until the cinnamon layer is bubbling. Let cool before slicing into bars and serving. Enjoy!