These brownies have such a rich, deep chocolate flavor they are closer to fudge than traditional brownies.
I made these to share with some friends last week and they disappeared in minutes. The recipe was immediately requested by several people and I promised to post it soon. I love when a dessert turns out that well!
Chocolate Toffee Fudge Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter **
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour *
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch *
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup toffee bits reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- * If you do not need a gluten free version of this recipe simply substitute 1 cup of AP flour (total amount needed) for the items marked with an *
- ** If you need a dairy/casein free version of this recipe you can substitute 1/2 cup melted coconut oil for the butter.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or
- line it with foil and grease it very well with butter. Melt the butter
- in a large saucepan, over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the chocolate chips and stir with a whisk until they have melted. Remove from the heat, add the
- sugars and whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and then whisk in the the eggs, one at a time. When the mixture is smooth and shiny, slowly add the dry
- ingredients to the mixture in the saucepan. Stir to combine thoroughly. Add 3/4 cup toffee bits.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and then sprinkle
- the top with the reserved toffee bits. Bake for 28-32 minutes, just until an
- inserted toothpick shows moist crumbs. (30 minutes is perfect for my oven.) Let the bars cool completely
- before slicing. Enjoy!