Cheesy eggs with broccoli and bacon was one of the best ideas that I’ve ever had for using our dinner leftovers. I’m not much of a calorie counter (and you’ll likely not see many recipes here on the blog with that information included), however I do stay aware of what I am eating most of the time. This came in at 260 calories with 18 grams of protein. That’s a complete win in my book. I’ve made this two days in a row now and I’m guarding the last strip of bacon and the last handful of roasted broccoli for tomorrow’s breakfast!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 5 roasted broccoli florets chopped small, about 1/3 cup worth
- 1 strip of bacon cooked and chopped small
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and stir lightly with a spatula to scramble. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Let the eggs cook for a minute or two without stirring. Once the eggs begin to set, gently stir or fold the eggs as needed until the liquid is almost completely gone. At this point, fold in the broccoli and bacon. Stir to combine and then remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with a lid. Let the eggs rest just a minute more to finish cooking and to melt the cheese. Enjoy!
This recipe can easily be multiplied to feed however many people you wish.