We had several blood oranges in our Chow Box this week. I was excited to try them and see how the flavor might be different from regular navel oranges. When I opened the box and saw them next to the spinach, I decided right then to make smoothies for an afternoon snack.
The blood oranges were more tart than regular oranges. So, I added an extra banana and some frozen pineapple as well. We all enjoyed these smoothies. If you are making this with regular orange juice, a single banana would probably be all that you need.
- 1 cup orange juice I used the juice from 4 medium size blood oranges
- a large bunch of spinach approx 4-6 ounces - if the stems are very long, trim the excess
- 1-2 small bananas frozen is best
- 1 cup frozen pineapple tidbits
- Layer ingredients into the blender in the order listed above. Puree until smooth. Enjoy!