Caramel Chocolate Chip Toffee Cheesecake Cookie Bars, as if the name wasn’t more than enough, just imagine each of those ingredients on their own and now picture them all stacked into the ultimate cookie bar with a perfect layer of creamy cold cheesecake in the center. No joke, these bars are amazing. I first saw them here and I couldn’t get them out of my mind!
One bite, just one bite, is all it took to know that I couldn’t keep these in the house. I immediately sent half of them to the office with Sean, shared a few with the family, and dropped the remaining bars off at a friend’s house. These are crazy good and I can’t wait for an excuse to make them again. (I know better than to make them when I’ll be left alone with the whole pan!) These bars are an awesome potluck or party treat, perfect for sharing with friends.
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!
- Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour *
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch *
- 1/3 cup potato starch *
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 1/4 cup for topping if desired
- 1/3 cup caramel bits
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- * If you are not in need of a gluten free recipe simply substitute a total of 2 cups all-purpose flour for the items marked with an *
- Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper. Beat together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat again until smooth and creamy. Beat in the flours, soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, caramel bits, and toffee bits. Press half the dough into the bottom of the parchment lined pan. (If you're like me and only have one mixer, place the rest of the dough in a small bowl and wipe out the mixing bowl to use for the cheesecake layer.)
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until completely smooth. Pour the cheesecake layer over the cookie crust in the pan. Use your hands to press chunks of the remaining cookie dough into flat discs and layer them over the cheesecake filling. Don't stress making it look perfect or covering the entire pan.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes, just until the bars are cooked through and the top has lightly browned. Allow them to cool completely, before lifting them from the pan with the parchment paper. Slice into bars and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!