These Banana Coconut Pecan Pancakes are hearty, fluffy banana pancakes filled with irresistible bits of sweet coconut and chewy pecans. If your house is anything like mine, you’ll need to hide a few bananas from the rest of the family now to let them ripen for a pancakes breakfast this weekend.
I set aside some bananas myself last week because I was craving pancakes. As I started to make our favorite Banana Pancakes on Sunday, I spied the coconut in the baking cupboard and decided to play with the recipe a bit. These Banana Coconut Pecan Pancakes were made on a whim, but they wound up being a huge hit with the family.
Drizzled with maple syrup or topped with a fried egg, these pancakes are a breakfast dream come true. I stacked an over-easy egg on top of my pancakes and it was a truly perfect breakfast. If you’re a fan of sweet and savory together, I highly recommend serving your pancakes with an egg too.
This recipe is lightly adapted from my Banana Nut Pancakes in The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook. I loved this fun new variation on a family favorite. As much as we love a pancake breakfast, pancakes are also my go-to, I forgot to plan ahead and now “What’s for dinner?” meal. Anytime my kids see me making pancakes for breakfast or for dinner, it is sure to earn some smiles.
For more great pancake recipes, you’ll want to check out these 2-Ingredient Cream Cheese Pancakes, Mini German Pancakes, Simple Oat Pancakes, and these Buttermilk Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup. Multigrain Protein Pancakes are on my list to try next. (The extra protein in those pancakes will cancel out the maple syrup, right?)
Kitchen Tip: I use this electric griddle to make this recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour gluten-free alternative below
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 medium-size ripe mashed bananas about 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Heat an electric griddle to medium high heat. Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and coconut extract. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until mostly smooth. Stir in the melted butter, bananas, coconut, and pecans. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle, leaving 1-2” between each pancake.
- Cook for about 3½ minutes, until deeply browned and lightly bubbled on top. Flip the pancakes and cook the second side about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with an extra sprinkling of coconut and chopped pecans, if desired. Enjoy!