Sweet apples, sweetly tart green grapes and tart raspberries combined to make a very refreshing and not overly sweet smoothie. The banana is optional, but it will make for a creamier smoothie.
The spinach, however, is completely required for this smoothie as it balances the other flavors. My kids and I were not overly impressed with the flavor of the smoothie without the spinach, but once I added the spinach, we all gave it two thumbs up.
* Similar in appearance to the Strawberry Spinach Smoothie, we call this one “Deliciously Ugly” as well
Apple Grape Raspberry Spinach Smoothie
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 apple cored and quartered, I used a gala apple
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Optional: 1 frozen banana
- 1 large handful or 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds
- Layer ingredients into the blender as listed and puree until smooth. Enjoy!