The juiciest steak you’ll ever eat can be ready in just five minutes! Crisp and browned on the outside, hot and juicy inside, these steak bites were declared to be some of the best steaks we have ever eaten.
In less time than it takes to heat the grill, you can have this steak dinner on the table. I served the steak bites with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes, Crispy Brussels Sprouts, and an awesome Homemade Steak Sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter divided in half
- Cut the steak into bite size pieces, about 3/4" - 1" in size. Place them in a bowl and toss them generously with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy flat bottomed stainless skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. When the butter has melted, swirl to coat the pan. Add about a fourth of the cubes of meat and spread them across the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute and then use a large spatula or tongs to flip them over. Cook 1 more minute. Occasionally, a slightly larger piece will have a side that looks like it hasn't browned, you might want to flip to that side again for 20-30 seconds. The goal is to create a crisply browned outside for each piece and a lovely juicy center.
- Use a spatula to remove the meat to a plate and then repeat with a second batch. Add the remaining butter in between the 2nd and 3rd batches, as needed, and then repeat with the remaining meat. The entire process should only take a few minutes total. Serve while still hot. Enjoy!