Roasted pineapple and sweet potatoes? This sounded too interesting not to try. I had half a pineapple left in the refrigerator. So, I happily made this the very same night that I saw the recipe in this month’s issue of Everyday Food.
I served this with simple ham steaks and it was absolutely perfect.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Pineapple
Recipe adapted from and with thanks to Everyday Food
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1" pieces (next time I won't bother peeling them)
- 1/2 of a huge pineapple or 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or another flavorless oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine the sweet potatoes and pineapple in a medium size bowl and drizzle with oil. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with spices and toss again. Spread the pieces across a greased baking sheet or a silpat mat lined baking sheet. Bake until the pieces are tender and starting to brown, approximately 30-35 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes. (I'm planning to cook mine a bit longer next time and allow the potatoes to begin to crisp a bit. These were delicious as they were, but I think they will be even better a bit more browned.)
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
19 Comments Leave a comment or review
This sounds like an unusual combination. But I love my sweet potatoes so much, I'd definitely give it a try!
E @ Act Fast Chef says
This looks so good. I imagine that both the Husband and the Toddler would like this recipe since it is sweet. Thanks for sharing.
It's almost like a Hawaiian pizza deconstructed! Love!
The Blonde Duck says
Oh yum! This is brilliant combination!
Sue/the view from great island says
This wold be perfect with ham. Great colors.
Nancy @Real Food, Allergy Free says
This sounds wonderful! I just made roasted sweet potatoes and apples and loved it. I am sure I would love this too!
[email protected] http://www.RealFoodAllergyFree.com
My Journey With Candida says
I am going to try this. MMmm it sounds so good.
Tricia @ saving room for dessert says
I can't believe how simple this is! I bet the flavors are fantastic together. Love pineapple hot or cold 🙂
I agree with Sue – this would be perfect with ham. I love that you used fresh pineapple and sweet potatoes – it looks so delicious 🙂
What a sweet and satisfying side dish. With a baked ham this would be perfect! Thank you for sharing with me!
Pineapple goes well with orange veggies. I add pineapple to chicken and carrots, bake in one dish, and serve over rice. It's terrific. I'll bet your sweet potatoes and pineapple is just as wonderful!
Words Of Deliciousness says
Interesting combination, sounds delicious.
I have issues with fruit in salads, I'm not sure where they came from, they probably need to be addressed. This almost makes me want to take them on!
I just bought sweet potatoes to try out the sweet potato with vanilla bean… n here I see another sweet potato recipe… But I guess this will have to wait coz I'm still without an oven…
Yup this is the first time I've ever seen this combination, but I could see how it could be tasty. Thanks for sharing.
Becki's Whole Life says
Ok, doing this…tomorrow night for dinner – done!
karen marie says
It's great that grocery stores sell fresh cut pineapple, so you can make as much or as little as you want. I love ham, and this recipe is a great excuse to have it for dinner sooner than later.
Lida Acevedo says
I haven’t tried this yet but plan to make it tomorrow. It’s exactly what I was looking for – a simple recipe with sweet potatoes and pineapple to go with a Hawaiian style chicken. I like this because it has no added sweetener.
These ingredients are sweet enough on their own they don’t need other sweeteners and definitely NO MARSHMALLOWS!