Light and creamy potato salad with a tangy bite from lemon and great flavors from fresh herbs. I was aiming for something a little different and this was just what I’d hoped for a summer night.
I roasted the potatoes first thing in the morning, cooled them and then kept them in the fridge until I was ready to make the salad. I made this salad the day before we were planning to eat it and it was even better the following day.
Roasted Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs
- 3 pounds small red potatoes diced into bite size 1/2" pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- dried garlic
- dried thyme
- dried rosemary
- scant 1/2 cup sour cream
- scant 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice adjust this according to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the diced potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil. Generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, rosemary. Toss to coat and then spread the potatoes across an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning with a spatula after 20 minutes. Bake until tender and slightly crispy on the outside. Let the potatoes cool completely.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and pour the dressing on top of them. Toss gently to coat the potatoes thoroughly. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Garnish with additional parsley or basil before serving.