Chewy bites of Rice Krispy Treats are sprinkled throughout this smooth, creamy vanilla ice cream.
I actually dreamed of this ice cream one night after making Rice Krispy Treats for a late-night snack. (Doesn’t everyone dream of food?)
I woke up the day after I dreamed it, chopped a few of the remaining Rice Krispy Treats into tiny pieces and started churning a batch of ice cream.
It doesn’t happen every time, but when a recipe idea turns out even better in reality than in my imagination, it is a very happy day.
I can not resist this ice cream when it is in the freezer. I’ve made this three times already and I can’t get enough of it. As a self-declared Rice Krispy Addict, this ice cream and I are a perfect match.
The most popular question I get is whether it’s possible to make ice cream without a machine. The answer is YES. You can make ice cream without a machine. Find the full directions here!
Rice Krispy Treat Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 4 Perfect Perfect Rice Krispy Treats (about 3 cups worth, chopped very small)
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. While the ice cream is churning, use a very sharp knife to slice the Rice Krispy Treats into very small 1/4″ – 1/2″ pieces.
- When the ice cream finishes churning, scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe airtight container and stir in about 3 cups worth of the chopped up Rice Krispy Treats. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!
3 Comments Leave a comment or review
Carlee Scharnhorst says
What a fun idea!
Karen @ The Food Charlatan says
Oh my goodness Mary! This sounds amazing! I need to try it!
Magnolia Verandah says
Sounds very yummy!