I actually dreamed of this ice cream one night after making Rice Krispy Treats for a late-night snack. (Doesn’t everyone dream of food?) I woke up the day after I dreamed it, chopped a few of the remaining Rice Krispy Treats into tiny pieces and started churning a batch of ice cream. It doesn’t happen every time, but when a recipe idea turns out even better in reality than in my imagination, it is a very happy day.
Chewy bites of Rice Krispy Treats are sprinkled throughout this smooth, creamy vanilla ice cream. I can not resist this ice cream when it is in the freezer. I’ve made this three times already and I can’t get enough of it. As a self-declared Rice Krispy Addict, this ice cream and I are a perfect match.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 4 Perfect Perfect Rice Krispy Treats (about 3 cups worth, chopped very small)
- Whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. While the ice cream is churning, use a very sharp knife to slice the Rice Krispy Treats into very small 1/4" - 1/2" pieces.
- When the ice cream finishes churning, scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe airtight container and stir in about 3 cups worth of the chopped up Rice Krispy Treats. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!