The other night I thawed some salmon, planning to make my oldest son’s favorite Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon. When I spied the bottle of Orange Citrus Vinaigrette in the refrigerator next to the waiting salmon, that was all it took to change my mind.
I poured the vinaigrette over the salmon an hour or so before dinner and it marinated while I boiled baby red potatoes and tossed together a quick garden salad.
The citrus flavors in the vinaigrette paired great with the salmon. Broiling in the oven is my favorite way to cook salmon. It is ready in just minutes and it turns out perfectly almost every time!
It requires just minutes to heat the oven and the meal is cooked in about that much time. It barely has time to heat the kitchen!
Orange Citrus Salmon
- 1 lb salmon cut into 3-4 fillets
- 1 cup Orange Citrus Vinaigrette
- Combine the salmon and the vinaigrette in a large ziploc bag or airtight container. Let
- the salmon marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Place the
- salmon on the counter about ½ an hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to broil and line a baking sheet with
- foil. Place the salmon fillets on the sheet and broil for about 8 minutes. A
- general rule for cooking salmon is approximately 8 minutes total
- cooking time per 1" of thickness.
- Cook the fish 2 minutes less
- than your estimated time, then check for doneness. You can always pop
- it back in the oven, but you can’t fix an overcooked piece of fish. The most important thing to remember is that the fish will continue to cook for a few minutes after it is off the heat, so you have to remove it just before it is done to your liking. Salmon
- is best warm and flaking, but still a bit translucent even after
- resting. Enjoy!