A few weeks ago, I asked on Facebook what kinds of recipes you would like to see. Several people requested a citrus vinaigrette; specifically, an orange one. I’m the first to admit that I have a whole lot of salad dressing recipes.
Once I discovered how easy it is to make my own, I haven’t purchased a store-bought dressing in years now. I’ve been hooked on this White Balsamic for a while now and between that and our Homemade Ranch, I haven’t made many others over the past few months.
I’m thanking the facebook crowd today for the inspiration, because I love this new dressing! Slightly sweet from the orange and still tangy from the vinegar and lemon, this dressing is a keeper. I’ll be posting a fun new summer salad to go with it tomorrow.
Orange Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot about 2 teaspoons minced
- juice of 1 medium lemon about 2 ½ tablespoons
- juice of 1 medium orange about 5 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup golden balsamic vinegar champagne or white wine vinegar will work also
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ - 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ¼ - 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy!