After using the first few of my Meyer lemons to make these amazing cookies, I wanted to try something different to really show off their flavor.
I enjoyed this vinaigrette and it worked perfectly with the Winter Salad I made to go with it.
Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 Meyer lemons zested and then juiced, about ½ cup of juice and 2 ½ tablespoons minced zest
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1 large shallot very finely minced, about 2 tablespoons minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- 1 cup light flavor olive oil
- In the blender*, combine everything except the oil. Pulse a few times to combine and then while the blender is running, slowly add the oil. Puree for just a few moments until it is well combined. Pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
- * This can also be made in the glass jar. I simply prefer the ease and results from using the blender. Simply combine the ingredients as listed above; shake well. Add the oil and shake again until well-blended.
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
9 Comments Leave a comment or review
Rebecca Subbiah says
cool thanks 🙂 looks great
Words Of Deliciousness says
This vinaigrette sounds perfect for your winter salad or any salad. I love the combination of flavors.
Anna @ hiddenponies says
This sounds so bright and fresh! I just wanted to let you know too that i nominated you for an award over on my blog today 🙂 http://hiddenponies.com/?p=2741
due bionde in cucina says
Have a great sunday!!!
Big Dude says
This dressing sounds delicious. I've been considering getting a dwarf meyer lemon tree for fresh picked fruit.
This would rock as a marinade for grilled shrimp or chicken too!
nancy at good food matters says
beautiful recipe—I love Meyer Lemons.
I just found your site earlier today. I made this Wonderful Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette and I am so thrilled. I have made many different Lemon Dressings to only find the flavors were terrible. I have wasted so much trying what was just really lousy. THIS IS FANTASTIC. I tried it on Green Leaf Lettuce (dipping) before I even added the oil. I ate 3 whole leaves just dipping. Made my Hubby try it too…well he made a face, so I added the Oil…Used the blender and am very happy to have a Delicious Homemade Dressing I can even serve to guests. THANK YOU, I will be trying more of your Recipes.
OOps I didn't have the White Balsamic, but will be buying some. And I only had the Dark Olive Oil. I see that it is used on many other Dressing recipes. Other than that I made this exactly as written and I love it both b4 and after the adding of the Oil. I may try to make a cornstarch base and try to eliminate the Oil altogether…If it turns out, I will let you know. Hubby is a Heart Patient so I have to watch the oils. It was just a thought.