After using the first few of my Meyer lemons to make these amazing cookies, I wanted to try something different to really show off their flavor.
I enjoyed this vinaigrette and it worked perfectly with the Winter Salad I made to go with it.
Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 Meyer lemons zested and then juiced, about 1/2 cup of juice and 2 1/2 tablespoons minced zest
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1 large shallot very finely minced, about 2 tablespoons minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- 1 cup light flavor olive oil
- In the blender*, combine everything except the oil. Pulse a few times to combine and then while the blender is running, slowly add the oil. Puree for just a few moments until it is well combined. Pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
- * This can also be made in the glass jar. I simply prefer the ease and results from using the blender. Simply combine the ingredients as listed above; shake well. Add the oil and shake again until well-blended.