If you haven’t yet tried Marinated Tomatoes, you are missing out on one of my favorite summer foods. Bite size tomatoes are marinated in a combination of oil, vinegar and spices with just the right amount of sweetness. I’ve always liked tomatoes, but these are irresistible!
I find myself snacking on them all afternoon, as they marinate on the counter and in the refrigerator. Those tomatoes along with their marinade are the dressing for this salad. The pasta and vegetables absorb all of that delicious marinade and the flavors are wonderful together.
Pasta salads are a great main dish or side dish all summer long. I love having a bowl ready to go in the refrigerator for busier days and the nights when I just don’t feel like cooking.
I’ve found myself making pasta salad almost every week for a while now. Here are a few of our favorites:
If you’re looking for even more cool summer salad inspiration, this collection of Easy Summer Salad Recipes can all be made in ten minutes or less!
- 8 ounces salad macaroni
- 1 cup tiny broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup small diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup marinated tomatoes
- 1 cup marinade liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper adjust to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, adding a generous tablespoon or so of kosher salt to the water as it cooks. Just before the noodles are done cooking, add the broccoli to the pot. Let the broccoli boil for about 30 seconds and then drain everything into a large colander. Rinse well with cold water.
- Place the drained pasta, broccoli, cucumber, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and marinade liquid in a large bowl. Toss well to coat thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir again and taste. Adjust seasonings as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Stir again before serving. Enjoy!