I quickly tossed this together the other night when I realized that I didn’t have a side dish planned for our meal. It was just chilly enough outside I didn’t feel like serving a salad.
Fresh fennel and frozen corn were sauteed just until crisply tender and then finished with a squeeze of lemon. The parsley gave it a lovely fresh twist and brightened the dish as well.
Lemon Fresh Fennel and Corn Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb washed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups of frozen corn I used organic white kernels, but any variety should be good
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- small handful fresh Italian parsley leaves chopped
- Optional: freshly grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium high heat. Add the fennel and corn and toss to coat. Saute until crisp and tender, about 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice and toss to coat. Remove from the heat. If desired, sprinkle lightly with cheese immediately before serving.