Italian Potato Salad is a mayo-free twist on classic potluck potato salad. Filled with plenty of salami and an abundance of zesty flavor, this is a side dish you’ll be craving all summer long.
As much as I love a traditional potato salad, I often crave a somewhat lighter version. (Yes, I know that I’ve balanced my “lighter” potato salad with a meal’s worth of salami. It’s worth it!) This Italian Potato Salad is tossed in a tangy honey mustard vinaigrette and topped with fresh onions and parsley.
I make potato salad throughout the year, but in the summer it becomes one of our favorite sides right along with Memphis Coleslaw. Served with Beer and Garlic Grilled Chicken, Sweet and Tangy Pulled Pork, or Garlic Paprika Steaks, this Italian Potato Salad is a summer side dish recipe you’ll want to save now.
Italian Potato Salad
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground or whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt add more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 ounces salami thinly sliced, quartered bite-size, about 2 cups worth
- 2 green onions sliced very thin, about ¼ cup worth
- small handful of parsley leaves minced, about 2 tablespoons worth
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender. (When you stab them with a fork, they should slide right off the fork.) Drain and cool. Peel the potatoes and dice into 1/2-inch pieces. (You should have about 6 cups of diced potatoes.)
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Combine the oil, mustard, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a jar. Seal tightly with a lid and shake until well combined. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and stir gently to coat. Add the salami, green onions, and parsley. Stir well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. This will keep nicely in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
Here are some more potato salad recipes you might like:
Honey Dijon Roasted Potato Salad by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Southern Style Potato Salad by The Slow Roasted Italian
Sweet and Spicy Potato Salad by Bellyfull
Ranch Potato Salad with Bacon and Eggs by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Foodie with Family
Mustard and Chive Potato Salad by Aggie’s Kitchen