Italian Potato Salad is a mayo-free twist on classic potluck potato salad. Filled with plenty of salami and an abundance of zesty flavor, this is a side dish you’ll be craving all summer long.
As much as I love a traditional potato salad, I often crave a somewhat lighter version. (Yes, I know that I’ve balanced my “lighter” potato salad with a meal’s worth of salami. It’s worth it!) This Italian Potato Salad is tossed in a tangy honey mustard vinaigrette and topped with fresh onions and parsley.
I make potato salad throughout the year, but in the summer it becomes one of our favorite sides right along with Memphis Coleslaw. Served with Beer and Garlic Grilled Chicken, Sweet and Tangy Pulled Pork, or Garlic Paprika Steaks, this Italian Potato Salad is a summer side dish recipe you’ll want to save now.
Italian Potato Salad
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground or whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt add more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 ounces salami thinly sliced, quartered bite-size, about 2 cups worth
- 2 green onions sliced very thin, about ¼ cup worth
- small handful of parsley leaves minced, about 2 tablespoons worth
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender. (When you stab them with a fork, they should slide right off the fork.) Drain and cool. Peel the potatoes and dice into 1/2-inch pieces. (You should have about 6 cups of diced potatoes.)
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Combine the oil, mustard, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a jar. Seal tightly with a lid and shake until well combined. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and stir gently to coat. Add the salami, green onions, and parsley. Stir well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. This will keep nicely in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
Here are some more potato salad recipes you might like:
Honey Dijon Roasted Potato Salad by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Southern Style Potato Salad by The Slow Roasted Italian
Sweet and Spicy Potato Salad by Bellyfull
Ranch Potato Salad with Bacon and Eggs by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Foodie with Family
Mustard and Chive Potato Salad by Aggie’s Kitchen
11 Comments Leave a comment or review
Taste of France says
When I lived in Kenya without electricity or running water (Peace Corps), I would DREAM about potato salad. And I had potatoes! And onions! But mayo was a problem, minus a fridge. Sometimes I made mayo from scratch, and sometimes I made a salad like this. I didn't have salami, but I did include peanuts, which were really good texture contrast with the potatoes. I'll have to make it again. I know my husband will insist on the salami!
Cookbook Queen says
My husband hates traditional potato salad. He also hates beans, so at a cookout, he's usually short on options…I try to bring a side dish that I know he will eat, and this is perfect! He'd LOVE this version of potato salad!
woow.. that is make me hungry..an amazing recep..
i wanna try that recep in my kitchen..thanks for sharing your recep 🙂
vinz prasetyo says
Wow…this looks and sounds delicious! I will have to try it, Thanks for sharing
looks delicious i will definitely try
thnaks for great recipe. i will try to make it. . .
love it . love it. thanks a lot . .
I like Italian Potato Salad and want to cook it. Thanks for recipe.
Pamela Newcomer says
This looks so delicious. I am going to make it for our potluck on Tuesday. Can’t wait.
Hey, thank you for this Italian potato salad recipe! Taste great!
I like the part where I can mix in different varieties of small potatoes. Makes the salad so appetizing and colorful!
Carol Rizzolo says
Love the taste, ease and final outcome of your recipes!