- This is a very simple recipe to adjust. I triple it exactly and it fills (3 8.5 x 3.5 bread pans.)
- 1.25 cups warm water 105-110 degrees,
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour I used hard white wheat, divided
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp melted butter
- 1.5 tbsp milk
- With the whisk attachment, combine the warm, yeast, salt and 1 cup flour in Kitchenaid mixer. This can also be mixed by hand with a sturdy whisk. Remove the whisk and let stand 45 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cups flour, honey, butter and milk. Knead with dough hook on the Kitchenaid (or mix by hand with a sturdy wooden spoon or dough whisk) for 5 minutes. Transfer to a very well-greased bread pan to rise for 1-2 hours.Cover with a tea towel while rising.
- After at least an hour, preheat the stove to 350 degrees. Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Using hot pads, remove from pans while hot. Place on wire rack and then brush top and sides with melted butter while hot to keep the crust soft. Enjoy!