Tender red potatoes, crisp sweet corn and slightly spicy kielbasa sausage are sauteed together and then tossed with oregano and thyme for a meal that my whole family loves.
Fresh or dried herbs work well in this meal, either kind will combine with the potatoes for a very flavorful skillet meal. This is a meal that I’ve been making without a recipe for so many years now; I had to actually pay attention to what I was doing and write down the recipe the last time I made it.
If you have fresh corn available, use it. Nothing truly compares with fresh corn in most dishes. (I’ve been cooking with fresh corn every single chance I get lately!)
However, I’ve made this with fresh, frozen and canned corn and all versions are delicious! Served with a fresh salad or just a handful of vegetables on the side, this is a very simple meal that we all enjoy.
Herbed Potatoes with Kielbasa and Corn
- 1 small yellow onion diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 13 ounce kielbasa / polish sausage, sliced as thinly as possible, beef sausage works as well
- 6 baby red potatoes 2" or so in diameter, sliced very thinly
- 2 ears of corn kernels removed or 1 can of corn (drained) or 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or ½ tablespoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or ½ tablespoon fresh
- In a very large skillet, over medium high heat, warm the oil. Add the onions and saute 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and the sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper as the potatoes are cooking. Lower the heat to medium and add the corn and the herbs. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Enjoy!
12 Comments Leave a comment or review
Tricia @ saving room for dessert says
Another simply wonderful dinner! We're into camping food these days and this looks perfect!
This reminds me of a dish my mom used to make when we were kids! Need to make this very soon!!
Great combo to try. It sounds and looks delicious!
Mother Rimmy says
My husband would love this meal. He adores kielbasa!
Sue/the view from great island says
Set me a place at the table!
I know what you mean about the fresh corn, I basically ignored it all summer and now I can't get enough.
This looks like such a great fall dish!
Red potatoes are my favorite kind!
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says
Perfect family dinner – thanks :))
Blond Duck says
I get this ally o myself b/c Ben won't eat sausage.
I was liking this a lot and then I realized why – it has all of the fixings for a crab or crawfish boil, except the crab or crawfish! Looks very good!
I just made this one, Mary, and it got high approval ratings from Scott, Ben and I. We all agreed this recipe is a keeper.
Jonathon Brady says
Just finished making and eating this dish…..it was simple and fantastic